Official Launch Team
How to Kill a Giant
About the Book
He lost his courage. Will meeting a real superhero help him find it?
An awful summer … Thirteen-year-old Hugo is miserable. His move to a small Pennsylvania town has brought him nothing but trouble. Ignored by his new classmates and a favorite target for the school bullies, Hugo lets fear rule his life. It’s going to be a long summer.
An unexpected twist … Hugo meets siblings Julia and Stefan, who are just as unhappy as he is. After finding a mysterious old Bible, all three are magically transported to ancient Israel, where they meet the young shepherd David, who suspects they’re spies. The trio finds themselves caught up in a strange world where danger lurks on every side.
A terrifying adventure … As Hugo and his friends navigate the perils of this weird and frightening land, Hugo must face his greatest fear—that he’s a coward. His only hope of survival is to learn the secret of David’s bravery, but will he do so in time to face his biggest test? Find out in this thrilling tale of courage, friendship, and faith.
What Is a Launch Team?
A launch team is a group of people who agree to promote a new book during its release. These people can be instrumental in spreading the word and connecting with potential readers; they are willing to give their time, skills, and ideas to make the book a success. The timeframe involved usually lasts for about a month.
Why Join the Team?
I wrote How to Kill a Giant to show that the Bible is fascinating and gives us guidance and a purpose for life. As you probably know, young people are leaving the church in droves. If my writing can, in a tiny way, stem that tide and show teens that they can find the answers to the spiritual questions that perplex them, then I will consider it a success. By joining my launch team, you will help me achieve this goal.
What do you get for your effort? Here is a list of the benefits:
- Exclusive access to the launch team’s private online group.
- The opportunity to interact with other launch team members and see the behind-the-scenes of a book launch.
- Surprise goodies as a token of thanks.
- The satisfaction of joining a worthy cause.
What I Expect of You
You can be as involved—or not involved—as your timetable allows, but at a minimum, here is what I would need you to do:
- Once it becomes available, buy an advance copy of How to Kill a Giant on Amazon or another online retailer (I’ll let you know as soon as it’s possible to pre-order).
- Once How to Kill a Giant has launched, write and post a book review on the retailer site where you purchased it (this is VERY important).
- Join the Launch Team online group on Discord (you’ll have to create an account if you don’t have one, but it’s super easy to do). This will be the online space where we’ll communicate with each other.
Other possible ways to participate:
- Post some promotional graphics (which I’ll provide) on your social media.
- Take part in online video meetings where we’ll brainstorm ideas for promoting the book.
- Post a video review of the book once it’s launched.
- Ask your local library or church to purchase the book.
- Ask for the book in your local bookstore.
- The sky’s the limit!
The book will launch on July 11th! The launch team will be “activated” from June 1st until the launch date.
In closing, I would like to thank you for taking the time to consider joining the team. I deeply appreciate it.